How do I grant camera and microphone permissions?
Granting camera and microphone permissions
When you join your Live session, dscout will run you through your setup, which includes granting camera and microphone permissions. Check out the steps below:
- You’ll receive an email reminder within one hour of your scheduled call. Watch out for an email from email@example.com with Scheduling reminder for '...' Live mission in the subject.
- Access this email and click the Join Your Live Session button.
- You may be prompted to log in. If so, enter your email and password and click the Sign In button.
- On the bottom of your screen, click the Begin Setup button to get started.
- A dialogue box will automatically pop up asking you give app.dscout.com permission to use your Microphone and Camera. Click Allow for both. See below.
Troubleshooting camera and microphone permissions
If you've clicked on the Begin Setup button, but the permissions prompts don't show up, try clicking on the Lock icon to the left of the address bar or the Camera icon on right side of the address bar. See below.
Clicking these options should either open up the permissions dialogue box or show that your camera or microphone has been blocked.In the event that clicking the Lock icon doesn't surface the permissions dialogue box, please restart your Google Chrome web browser and try again.
Managing Google Chrome Web Browser Permissions
Additionally, we recommend taking the following steps to make sure permissions are not blocked for dscout in your Google Chrome web browser:
- Open a Google Chrome web browser window.
- At the top right next to your address bar, click on the More icon. This icon will look like three dots stacked vertically and is known as a Kebab Menu icon.
- Click Settings at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Check if dscout is blocked for Camera and Microphone. If it is, remove the existing exception by clicking on the Delete icon to the right of the site.