How do I join my Live session?
You’ll receive an email reminder exactly one hour before your scheduled call. The subject of this email will be Scheduling reminder for ‘...’ Live mission. To join your Live session, follow the steps or check out the gif below:
- Access the reminder email and click the Join Your Live Session button.
- You may be prompted to sign in. If you are, enter your email address and password and click Sign In.
- On the bottom of the Live session's detail screen, click the Begin Setup button to test your set-up.
- Our app will automatically check if you're on a Google Chrome web browser. If you are, you'll see a green checkmark next to the section that says Google Chrome. If you aren't on a Google Chrome web browser, you'll see a button that says Install Google Chrome. Please install Google Chrome and run through these steps with a Chrome web browser.
- A dialogue box will pop up asking you give app.dscout.com permission to use your Microphone and Camera. Click Allow for both (read more about how to grant microphone and camera permissions here).
- Our app will also check if you have the dscout Live Chrome extension already installed. If you don't have the extension installed, you'll see click on the Install dscout Extension button. Please click on the button to install the extension (read more on how to install the extension here). If you already have the extension installed, you’ll see a green checkmark instead of a button.
- At this point, dscout will check to see if your microphone, camera, and sound work properly. In addition, our app will test your connection and firewall. If all goes well, you'll be able to click Get Started to join the waiting room.
When your moderator joins the call, click the Join button to join the call.