How do I know if I got selected to participate in a mission?
If you are selected to participate in a mission, the person in charge of the mission, what we call a mission leader, will send you an invitation in the app. You'll receive an email from dscout as well as a push notification letting you know that you've been invited (learn how to enable push notifications here). Check it out below.
To accept your invitation to the mission, follow these steps:
- Log into your account on the dscout mobile app.
- Find the second tab, labeled Invites, on the bottom navigation bar and tap on it.
- Find the mission you’ve been invited to and tap on the card to continue.
- When you tap on the card, you’ll land on the Mission Overview page. You can read up more about the mission details, instructions, structure, and invite date here.
- To accept the mission, tap on Accept Invitation on the bottom-right hand corner of the screen.
- To decline the mission, tap on Decline on the bottom-right hand corner of the screen.
- If you want to message your mission leader, tap on the messaging icon on the top-right corner of the screen. Any message you send here will go directly to your mission leader.
If you have in-app notifications enabled (and we recommend you do!), you’ll receive a push notification letting you know that you’ve been invited to the mission. Read more about enabling app permissions here.
In addition, we’ll send you an email letting you know that you’ve been invited to the mission you applied for. The email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) will contain instructions on how to claim your spot in the dscout mobile app as well as the mission details. If you don’t hear from us in a week or two, it’s safe to assume that you didn’t get picked this time around. But don’t worry! New opportunities to apply to missions are launching all the time.