Setting Up SSO
Organizations with a dscout subscription can enable SSO (single sign-on) access to dscout. To set up SSO for your company's dscout subscription, first, you'll need to make sure you're the account owner. Then, follow the steps below:
- As the account owner, navigate to your account settings page.
- From the dropdown next to “Require Single Sign On”, select “Google OAuth” or “SAML”
- If you select Google OAuth, that's it! Any researchers with your organization will need to sign in with their Google email address and password.
- If you select SAML, you'll need to complete the form that pops up (pictured below). Researchers will need to sign in with your pre-configured SAML identity provider. dscout requires the IDP Target URL, Name Identifier Format, Email Attribute, and X.509 Certificate to configure the connection with an account’s identity provider. Provide the ACS URL and Issuer fields to your SAML identity provider.
- The next time you or other researchers under the account try to sign in, they will be redirected to sign in using your organization's identity provider.